UG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UG

medieval war game

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Protecting

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mawz
Admin

Protecting Empty
PostSubject: Protecting   Protecting EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 6:31 pm

Protecting your resources
Basics:
To build the storehouse is each players own preference. I build 1 in my first city(to gain the quest reward) but none after that and here is why. When you get to the end of your research you can research “Supreme Raiding” This allows you to take resources from the storehouses. So if someone can take resources from my storehouse I personally would rather have another barracks to build armies and protect all of my resources.
Scouts, build loads and loads of scouts. For every level of the March Site a player can send an additional 10,000 fighters into battle, this includes the number of scouts that can be sent. I you can defeat the opposing players scouts with your scouts he may not get a scout report and get no info on your kingdom. Most players will not attack blind. So your target number for scouts to build in your army needs to be 125,000 minimum. This should stop the first scout on your kingdom if 100k are sent to scout your kingdom. But you may have enough losses of scouts to not stop a 2nd scout on your kingdom. So hard to say how many you really need but I think you just can’t have enough.

In your chancery is a button “Allow allies to garrison troops”. Click this button so the guild can send you troops to help protect your city. If you do not allow ally troops to garrison your kingdom then you are on your own.
Then in your March Site are 2 buttons. Troops fight the enemy and Troops remain behind the walls.
This choice is not only made by the size of your army but on being able to protect your resources. If your troops remain behind the walls and your wall defenses don’t stop the attack or attacks you will lose resources and maybe all of them. If you can defeat the attacking army then fight to protect your resources. Yes you may lose some fighters but with resources you can rebuild. If your army and your wall defenses can’t stop the attack then you will lose some or all of your army and some or all of your resources.
The choice is not easy. But here are some tips to help you out.
If you can’t defeat the army and you are online when you are attacked use your troops plus wagons to carry your resources somewhere else. You can find a kingdom hours away. Attack that kingdom and carry your resources with you. After the attack is gone you can recall your army and you will not have lost your resources. I keep 1 barracks at level 6. It is only for building wagons I want to build a lot of wagons say 10,000 of them.
The other way to protect your resources is get items in your queues filled up, if your resources have been spent on building these things they can’t be taken. You can spend you resources in your barracks and on wall defenses. That way when attacked you will not lose those resources.
Another method is, you can try is to sell your resources. Then purchase more to replace them the delivery will take 30 minutes so if the attacks are finished by then you will have not lost all of your resources. This method may not work as it has been changed in other games so if your resources are in the market and haven’t been sold the can be taken along with what is in the kgindom by an attacking army that wins the battle.
Any or all of these methods will help you protect your resources. Remember if the attack is going to take 15minutes to get to you, DON’T PANIC! 15 minutes is a long time. Take a deep breath and think about the defense of your kingdom and the protection of your resources.
REMEMBER THIS:
IF AN ATTACKER DOESN’T GET ANY OR ENOUGH RESOURCES TO MAKE IT WORTH THE COST OF SENDING HIS ARMY AND REPLACING THE FIGHTERS HE MAY LOSE, THEN THEY WILL LOOK ELSE WHERE FOR RESOURCES. THEY MAY TRY 2 OR 3 TIMES BEFORE THEY DO THIS BUT IF YOU PROTECT YOUR RSOURCES THEY WILL LOOK ELSEWHERE.
Back to top Go down
https://zyxw.rpg-board.net
Moloch

Protecting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protecting   Protecting EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 10:47 am

If you are online and being attacked you have a few options.

If you have a large army and think you will win, feel free to let them kill the attackers.

If you dont want to lose your army and resources, here is what you can do:

1) Put all your extra resources up for sale in the market. If the going rate for food is 0.05, sell it at 0.1, and after the attack is over you can cancel the order to get them back. You can do this with your extra gold as well. Using our example with food selling at 0.05, put up a buy order for food at 0.03 for as much food as you have gold for. After the attack cancel the order and you get your gold back (minus a 0.5% order fee)

2) Send your troops away. If they are marching anywhere, they cant be killed! (you might be able to select "troops stay behind walls" at the march site to protect them, but I haven't tried)

You may want to do this before you logoff each night if you have a lot of resources sitting around.
Back to top Go down
Crevo

Protecting Empty
PostSubject: Hide behind walls   Protecting EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 3:30 pm

Keeping my troops behind my walls did prevent them from taking part in any attack. Unless I thought it was prudent to make them fight, I kept them hid.

In the latest round of abuse we took. I was hit by seven waves of 100k archers. These did in fact remove all of my defenses.

Then the same guild sent in small armies from their lower glory people to pick up any resources I had accumulated from the last huge attack. But little did they know but I was online, so I picked my timing right, and destroyed many waves completely.

Only hiding from someone that would make it costly for me to attack. I write this mainly to confirm, that indeed, hiding your troops saves them. My thought if I had sent them off, I would have removed any possibility of my own attack until their return.

This flexibility was important to me.

Crevo jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Protecting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protecting   Protecting Empty

Back to top Go down

Protecting
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UG :: Protecting Resources :: Sound Advise-
Jump to: