UG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UG

medieval war game

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Conquering Rogue Towns

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Moloch

Conquering Rogue Towns Empty
PostSubject: Conquering Rogue Towns   Conquering Rogue Towns EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 2:17 pm

In order to conquer a rogue town you must get it's happiness down to 0. This is done with successful attacks. If you lose the attack, the happiness will not go down.

Conquered rogue towns will start with all the buildings at the lvl of the town you conquered. You will get a town center, 19 cottages, 2 mines, 2 logging camps, 2 quarries, 4 + 3x farms (where x is the lvl of the rogue town), a watchtower, blacksmith, tavern, great hall, chancery, workshop, barracks, stable, scout tower, march site, waystation, academy, and walls all at the lvl of the rogue town! That will save a LOT of time and resources!!

See the thread on Farming Rogue Cities for info on attacking lower lvl towns without losing any troops.

I have conquered a couple lvl 7 towns by throwing gobs of militia at it. I'll send 80k militia in the first wave (30-40k will die). Only about 25% of the enemy troops/defenses will regenerate, so my next waves will be successively smaller. 30k, 20k, 10k, then the rest will all be 5k militia.

It will take 25+ successful attacks to conquer a lvl 7 town. Each win drops the happiness by 5, and it regenerates 1/minute.

*You will need to space out the waves. I like the waves to land a full minute apart. If they are too close together, you will run the risk of the town resetting all its defenses to their starting amounts! This will happen if you get any of the defenses down to 0. The town will automatically regenerate some defenses and army every minute, so space out the attacks accordingly.

If you are attacking a lower lvl town, you will lower the happiness faster. A lvl 1 town might lose 15+ happiness per attack. A lvl 10 town only loses 4/attack. If you space the attacks at 1/minute, a lvl 10 town would need about 35 victories to conquer (be prepared to lose over 400k units before your first victory)

Last edited by Moloch on Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
captaincoz

PostSubject: You DO need a title.   Conquering Rogue Towns EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 5:13 pm

I tried today to conquer a rogue town without the respective title and it did not work. I scouted the assaulted lvl 7 rogue town and happiness was at 0. I had ample space in town center to afford a new territory and still no conquer.
Back to top Go down
captaincoz

PostSubject: Re: Conquering Rogue Towns   Conquering Rogue Towns EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 5:15 pm

Also, you can space they attacks out about 15 seconds, any lower than that will reset it.. I used an online stopwatch to make sure i did not attack to quickly and reset the town. Too slowly and I had many more troop loss because they rebuild quickly.
Back to top Go down
captaincoz

PostSubject: Rogue town troop sizes   Conquering Rogue Towns EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 5:34 pm

Oh by the way, it takes about 230k militia to successfully conquer a lvl 7 rogue town with a loss of about 35k militia. Which is not bad considering it would take tons more resources and time to build up a lvl 7 town.

Can we post troops sizes needed to conquer the other levels?
Back to top Go down
Moloch

PostSubject: Re: Conquering Rogue Towns   Conquering Rogue Towns EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 12:13 am

I was beating on a lvl 10 the other day. I sent 2 waves of 100k militia, then 2 waves of 80k militia and 20k archers. These 4 lost with 100% casualties. My 5th wave won with around 35k casualties, after a few more wins it dropped down between 2k and 8k casualties with attacks of 10k militia.

I spaced my waves ~1 min apart, but after ~35 attacks, the town reset its defenses with another 350k militia, etc.
Back to top Go down
Sarah Kangoria

PostSubject: Re: Conquering Rogue Towns   Conquering Rogue Towns EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 3:34 am

Got happiness down to 0, but no rogue town captured for me. Looks like I do need to have a "space" just like building on a flat.
Back to top Go down
Mawz
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Conquering Rogue Towns   Conquering Rogue Towns EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 10:09 am

captaincoz wrote:
Oh by the way, it takes about 230k militia to successfully conquer a lvl 7 rogue town with a loss of about 35k militia. Which is not bad considering it would take tons more resources and time to build up a lvl 7 town.

Can we post troops sizes needed to conquer the other levels?

Your answer is yes you may. It would be very useful for others here to learn from your experience.
Also for everyone's post is greatly wanted
Back to top Go down
https://zyxw.rpg-board.net
Sarah Kangoria

PostSubject: Re: Conquering Rogue Towns   Conquering Rogue Towns EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 12:56 pm

Sarah Kangoria wrote:
Got happiness down to 0, but no rogue town captured for me. Looks like I do need to have a "space" just like building on a flat.

Interestingly enough, as soon as I got the next level up, I conquered the rogue town whose happiness had been zeroed 8 hours previously (so I assumed would be back up to 100) with 1 attack. So their happiness did not appear to go up once it hit 0. However, it did go up again when it was e.g. 45 between the waves of my attacks earlier.
Back to top Go down
Moloch

PostSubject: Re: Conquering Rogue Towns   Conquering Rogue Towns EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 4:14 pm

I sent 100k militia at a lvl 8 town and lost 48k. Next wave was 75k and i only lost 7k. After that losses were minimal with ~5k waves
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conquering Rogue Towns   Conquering Rogue Towns Empty

Back to top Go down

Conquering Rogue Towns
Page 1 of 1